Sustainable Finance &
Climate Risk Event
Best practices in getting a grip on ESG data, reporting &
climate risk management
The IPCC report and the war in Ukraine increase the pressure on the Dutch financial sector. Investments in fossil fuels must be reduced and transition plans towards net-zero tightened up. At the same time supervisors raise questions on how financial institutions have to deal with ESG risks.
About this conference
Highlights of the conference
Who will attend?
What does the Sustainable Finance & Climate Risk Event look like?
The future of the financial industry depends on its ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment. The sustainability transition involves fundamental changes as well risks as opportunities to the sector.
This event provides a unique platform for (institutional) investors, asset managers, banks, insurers, pension funds, distributors, and service providers to debate current and urgent affairs. At this annual get-together, you will meet 100+ key stakeholders and business peers. Success stories, practical examples, tools and insider knowledge will help you with public reporting, climate risk modelling and assessing your ESG data.
You will get the opportunity to learn how other financial institutions and investors plan on leading the sustainable finance ambition and where their focus lies in the Dutch market for the many years ahead.
Wake-up call: the influence of climate risk on the financial sectorHeleen de Coninck
- Further after IPCC: how to mitigate the effects of climate change?
- The importance of financial system change in order to mitigate the effects of climate risk
- Outcomes Emission Gap Report of United Nations Environmental Programme
The sustainability transition: changes, risks & opportunitiesProf. Dr. Kees Koedijk
- A macro-overview of the latest developments in the Netherlands
- The prudent society model: a fundamentally new investment model
- What boards need to do to implement this
The ESG Investment and Data LandscapeJanine Hofer-Wittwer
- Recent developments and challenges regarding ESG data
- How to make sustainability data management a natural component of business to support investment decision-making
- Growing demand of regulatory disclosure
The regulator’s view: meeting the new criteriaLieke Helleman
- How does the financial sector meet the criteria of SFDR & EU taxonomy alignment?
- What are the challenges in reporting?
Critical overview: How to strike a fair balance between economic prosperity and climate justice?Eva Schram Thom Wetzer
- How to manage trade-offs between a green portfolio vs a green portfolio, and between managing climate risks and equitable considerations?
- To what extent is it justifiable that data constraints may limit the investment universe by tending to exclude certain geographies and sectors?
- How do boards’ legal responsibilities affect prioritization in the context of a net zero transition?
Panel: ESG Data & ReportingAlexandra van Selm Christian Thun Morgan Williams
- Development of sustainability reporting standards; the status quo
- Tackling the ESG data gap – acquiring the right and effective data
- Useful tools and sources for implementing ESG-data in your company
- European Single Access Point & next steps
Live report from COP27 in Egypt
Break out Round 13 break-outs
SFDR & taxonomy regulation: update & best practices
- Focus area on implementing (new) regulations and criteria
- Succes stories: how asset managers are implementing SFDR and the taxonomy
- What’s next on the regulatory agenda?
Integrating ESG risks into the credit risk framework – a client case (BNG bank)
- Identifying and assessing the materiality of ESG risks
- Defining metrics and data collection
- Embedding ESG risks in the credit risk framework
How to become an enduring winner in ESG: alternative business models
- Shifting focus from short term compliance pressures to rethinking longer term strategy and business models
- What winners need to get right as they rethink their long term response to ESG
- How some winners are “starting to get it right”
Break out Round 23 break-outs
Mifid II & sustainability preferences of retail investors
- Key MiFID changes in relation sustainability preferences and investment advice or portfolio management services
- Explaining complex regulatory concepts (eg. EU taxonomy and ‘Principle Adverse Impact’)
- Challenges in designing the investment intake process. Market practices so far
EU Taxonomy Alignment & ESG assessment for SME (MKB) clients
- What are EU Taxonomy Alignment requirements regarding gathering ESG data from SME clients? starting 2024
- Challenges for SMEs regarding the complex EU Taxonomy Alignment requirements
- How to support SME clients in their sustainability transition & ESG adoption?
A client case – ABN Amro: measuring sustainability in the supply chain
- Managing and monitoring suppliers of ABN Amro
- Enhancing sustainability in the supply chain
- How ABN Amro is better able to measure the results of its sustainability policy
Biodiversity: the role of financial institutionsBarbara Baarsma Roel Nozeman Aaron Vermeulen
- The importance of healthy soil, water & nature and the perspective for the development of biodiversity investments
- Which metrics should be used per asset class to measure biodiversity dependency?
- Status of frameworks (TNFD) and outlook for the upcoming five years
ESG & UpskillingRenate de Lange
- How can ESG knowledge be spread throughout the organisation?
- Which role can the Metaverse play?
- The importance of stakeholder engagement
CEO-panel: opportunities, challenges and our outlook for the upcoming five yearsJoanne Kellerman Karin van Baardwijk Wim Mijs Jeroen Rijpkema
Four CEOs will discuss governance and the role of the board in the transition to sustainable finance
Live report from COP27 in Egypt + Closing by Chair
Networking + Drinks
De kracht van Outvie is dat zij op een event een specifiek publiek uitnodigen. Wij hebben op het event relevante contacten opgedaan.
Onze organisatie heeft reeds twee keer aan de conferentie Opslagtanks event deelgenomen. We kunnen er kwalitatieve persoonlijke contacten leggen en krijgen er interessante feedback over onze leidingmarkering en veiligheidssignalisatie. Een professioneel georganiseerd event!
Territory Sales Manager
Leerzaam en waardevol
De wijze waarop de trainer zijn kennis overbracht vond ik uitstekend. Veel werd direct terug gebracht naar de praktijk. Dit en de ervaring van de medecursisten vond ik erg leerzaam. Voor mij dus een waardevolle training!
Praktijk en theorie komt bij elkaar
De training heb ik als zeer leerzaam en toepasbaar gevonden. Mede dank zij de cursisten en de trainer hebben we het uiterste weten te halen uit een ieder van ons. De stof die behandeld is als mede de gevoerde discussie pas ik al dagelijks toe.
Download the brochure
Order your tickets
More information? Or advise from our consultant?
We are available for all your questions and our consultants are happy to provide you with personal advise about the event.
Contact us directly
Sustainable Finance & Climate Risk Event 2022
Event & Network partners
Share in your network: